No background/experience with golf required! The application deadline is January 14 and requires a cover letter, resume, school transcript and a recommendation letter.
Lee Elder Internship (7-day Golf Internship in June 2022 – All Expenses Paid)
The Lee Elder Internship was established by The Country Club to introduce underrepresented individuals to the game of golf and showcase the game’s many career pathways. There are more than 2 million jobs across the $84 billion industry, and many of them play critical roles in preparing for and running a major event like the U.S. Open.
Through a week-long course held June 13-19, 2022 during the U.S. Open at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., 25 interns will get behind the scenes and learn many facets of the business of golf from the men and women who lead these at the highest levels. Daily sessions will include firsthand information and insight about, among others, tournament operations, course maintenance and design, sales and marketing, media, and facility operations and management.
- Dates: June 13 – 19, 2022 (arrival: June 12; departure: June 20)
- Travel Expenses & Room & Board will be paid for by The Country Club.
- This is a paid 7-day internship.
- Applicants should be students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program at an accredited college or university.
Apply by January 14, 2022
- Complete the online application
- Enclose a cover letter
- Attach your current resume
- Attach current official school transcripts
- Attach a letter of recommendation