What is the Edge Internship Program?
For summer 2019, Colorado College is piloting the Edge Internship Program, a 10-week full-time experience providing invaluable opportunities for rising juniors and rising seniors to connect academic learning with professional work.
What differentiates the Edge Internship Program?
- Edge internships take place at companies with a CC connection (CC alumni, families and friends).
- Edge interns participate in a professional development boot camp to clarify personal and professional goals and gain workplace training that will help you make a positive impact starting your first day on the job.
- On-site mentors/supervisors will help you learn about a profession, company and industry and work closely with you and provide performance feedback.
- Edge internships are paid positions (rates vary by position and company).
- Edge internships provide enriching job assignments that involve creative problem solving and the responsibility to produce tangible outcomes that are valuable to the organization.
How do I apply?
Students will submit an application packet to the CC Career Center through Handshake including:
- Application form with short essays
- Two recommendations
- Unofficial transcript
- Short recorded video interview
After qualified candidates are selected:
- An Edge Program selection committee screens applicants and refers finalists to the host organization for web-based interviews which will be scheduled to occur between Feb. 26 – Mar. 5, 2019.
- Candidate selection and program participants will be confirmed by Mid-Mar. 2019.
Application Deadline: February 8, 7:00 pm
Application Instructions and materials posted on Handshake: January 21
Information sessions on: Jan. 23, 24, 25, and 28, at 5:00pm in the Career Center Carriage House.