PhD., Professor of Geology
- B.A., Carleton College, 1984
- M.Sc., University of Arizona 1987
- Ph.D., University of California-Santa Barbara, 1995
Structural and metamorphic geology; Gondwana tectonics; gneiss domes; high temperature metamorphism and role of melt in deformation of migmatites; sandstone injectites
Geology of Antarctica: Antarctica research page
- Emplacement mechanism, paleoenvironment of formation, and lithification/fluid migration history of Neoproterozoic injectites and source rocks, Colorado Front Range
- Integrated structural and seismological NSF EarthScope research in the Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming: Formation of basement-involved foreland arches
- Crustal differentiation within migmatite-granite complexes and deformation-enhanced melt-transfer processes, with focus on Fosdick Mountains, West Antarctica, and Wet Mountains, Colorado
- Brittle faults and kinematics of the Laramide Orogeny
- 1.4 Ga tectonism in the Southern Rockies: Evidence from high temperature domains in Colorado and New Mexico
- Development of geospatial resources for geological mapping of West Antarctica, ongoing collaboration with Polar Geospatial Center that emphasizes undergraduate research mentoring
- West Antarctic rift system and Cretaceous tectonics of Gondwanaland (field studies in West Antarctica and in New Zealand)
- Cordierite, (Fe, Mg) 2A14Si5018 — diverse aspects; see below
Siddoway, C. and Gehrels, G.E., 2014, Basement-hosted sandstone injectites of Colorado: A vestige of the Neoproterozoic revealed through detrital zircon provenance analysis, Lithosphere, doi: 10.1130/L390.1, see http://news.sciencemag.org/earth/2014/09/strange-formation-colorado-rockies-sheds-light-earths-past
Siddoway, C.S., Myrow P., and Fitz Díaz, E., 2013, Strata, structures and enduring enigmas: A 125th Anniversary appraisal of Colorado Springs geology, in Abbott, L. and Hancock, G.S. (eds.), Geological Society of America Field Guides, v. 33, Ch. 13, doi:10.1130/2013.0033(13).
Yakymchuk, C., Siddoway, C.S., Brown, M., and Fanning, C.M., 2013, Anatectic reworking and differentiation of continental crust along the active margin of Gondwana: a zircon Hf–O perspective from West Antarctica, in Harley et al. (eds.), Antarctica and Supercontinent Evolution, Geological Society of London Special Publication 383, doi: 10.1144/SP383.7.
Levine, Jamie S.F., Mosher, Sharon and Siddoway, C.S., 2013, Relationship between syndeformational partial melting and crustal-scale magmatism and tectonism across the Wet Mountains, central Colorado, Lithosphere, v. 5 no. 5 p. 456-476, doi: 10.1130/L287.1.
Brown, M., Korhonen, F.J. and Siddoway, C.S., 2011, Organizing Melt Flow Through the Crust, Mineralogical Association of Canada, Elements, v. 7, 261–266.
Siddoway, C.S., 2010, Microplate motion, Nature Geoscience (April 11), v. 3 (4), 225 – 226. doi:10.1038/ngeo835.
McFadden R., C. S. Siddoway, C. Teyssier, and C. M. Fanning, 2010, Cretaceous oblique extensional deformation and magma accumulation in the Fosdick Mountains migmatite-cored gneiss dome, West Antarctica, Tectonics, v. 29, TC4022, doi:10.1029/2009TC002492.
Jones III, James V., Siddoway, Christine S. and Connelly, James N., 2010, Characteristics and implications of ca. 1.4 Ga deformation across a Proterozoic mid-crustal section, Wet Mountains, Colorado, USA, Lithosphere, v. 2, p. 119-135, doi:10.1130/L78.1.
- GY100 Antarctica: Geological records of Global Change
- GY140 Physical Geology
- GY210 Fundamental Geological Methods and Rocky Mountain Evolution
- GY250 Topics in Geology: Rocks and Ruins: Natural Catastrophes & Mediterranean Culture
- GY250 Topics in Geology: Introduction to Geodesign
- GY313 Metamorphic Petrology
- GY315 Introduction to Structural Geology
- GY316 Field analysis of Geological Structures
- GY345 Regional Studies in Geology
- GY400 Senior Seminar: Digital Mapping in Earth Sciences — for Society
- GY405 Research Topics in Geology (individual student research)
Further Information at Teaching and Research Mentoring
Colorado College has another professor by the name of Siddoway, and you guessed it, the two of us are married. Mike teaches Mathematics and serves as Associate Dean of the Faculty. Maybe you’ve read through this whole page and are completely confused because you are looking for the Prof. Siddoway who studies module theory, commutative rings, computational algebra, and the history of mathematics! To reach Mike, email him at email@example.com.