Board of Trustees Meeting Actions
The CC Board of Trustees met May 13-15 on campus and conducted the following business.
Voted to approve:
- Isabel Werner ’08 as the first “young alumni trustee.” She will serve a non-renewable two-year term.
- Renewal of terms for trustees Neal Baer, John Chalik, Eben Moulton, Adam Press, Jane Rawlings, Bob Selig, Mike Slade, and Hans Utsch.
- 2010-11 trustee committee assignment changes.
- Professor Emeritus status for Mike Hoffman and John Watkins.
- Six tenure-track hires: Daniel Arroyo-Rodriguez (Spanish), Andrea Bruder (Mathematics and Computer Science), Mona El-Sherif (Arabic), Maroula Khraiche (Economics and Business), Ryan Platt (Drama and Dance), and Carrie Ruiz (Spanish).
- Self-funded health, legal, and scholarship reserves as Board-designated funds.
- The final phase of Cossitt Hall renovations, not to exceed $503,000.
The Board dined with members of the Faculty Executive Committee and Staff Council and recognized outgoing trustees Meg Mathies ’57 and Ed Robson ’54.