Board of Trustees Meeting Actions
The CC Board of Trustees met May 19-21 on campus and conducted the following business.
Voted to approve:
- The Revised Faculty Handbook, to become effective July 1, 2011.
- Promotion to full professor for Hong Jiang in the Department of German, Russian, and East Asian Languages.
- The transferring of $1.6 million of year-end dollars to fund the previously approved FY 2011-12 distribution from the Financial Aid Quasi Endowment for scholarships during the 2011-12 academic year.
- Renewal of trustee Mike Lampton’s term.
- 2011-12 trustee committee membership and chair assignments.
- Renewal of the current trustee officers’ terms for 2011-12.
- A resolution naming the Edith Kinney Gaylord Cornerstone Arts Center theater the “Richard F. Celeste Theatre.”
The Board celebrated with the William Jackson Palmer Society inductees; dined with President Celeste and Jacqueline Lundquist to honor them for their efforts on behalf of the college for the past nine years; and recognized outgoing trustees Liz Larned ’83, Ray Petros ’72, and Hans Utsch P’92 and P’95.