Justin Weis’s Work Recognized by AIMHO
- 25th November 2013 -
- Posted by lweddell in Uncategorized
The award is presented every year to a housing professional who currently is working in an associate director, assistant director, area manager/coordinator, or equivalent level at an AIMHO-member school. The award recognizes outstanding efforts and work taking place between the organization’s annually scheduled conferences. Weis was presented the award earlier this month at the annual AIMHO conference in Las Vegas.
The nomination on behalf of Weis notes that his job during the last year entailed a variety of additional duties, such as:
- Being the key point person for the $14 million Slocum Hall renovation project
- Providing leadership for revamping the off-campus application and education process
- Supporting on-campus housing efforts for those affected by the area wildfires
- Helping to manage residential facilities during highly unusual levels of flooding in the region
- Providing guidance to fraternities
- Opening a second Synergy sustainability living house
- Completing renovations of several student apartments
Weis’s regular workload did not diminish while he took on the other responsibilities. The nomination notes that he continues to be second in charge for his department, working with residential life, conferences, operations, room assignments, and facilities. In submitting his nomination, the residential life staff wrote that “Justin works hard to make sure our department functions at a high level and is innovative year round. We are lucky and thankful to have him as part of our team. He is genuine, seeks to help people, and sees the important role that facilities and relationships play in the learning for students.” This year marks Weis’s 10th year at Colorado College.