Board of Trustees Meeting Actions
The Board of Trustees was on campus Feb. 20-22 for its annual February meeting. There was much enthusiasm about the progress we are making as a college community. The board approved several items including:
- The 2014-15 budget, setting tuition and fees at $46,410. For students living on the campus, the comprehensive fee will be $57,162, with a standard double room rate of $6,176 and the meal plan C rate of $4,576.
- Tenure and promotion for four faculty members. Congratulations!
- Pedro de Araujo, assistant professor of economics and business
- Peggy Daugherty, assistant professor of chemistry
- Stefan Erickson, assistant professor of mathematics
- Peter Wright, assistant professor of religion
- Tenure for one faculty member: Associate Professor of Theatre and Dance Shawn Womack. Congratulations Shawn!
- Emeritus status for retired Professor of Political Science Curtis Cook.
- The installation of solar panels on top of Cornerstone and El Pomar Sports Center.
In addition to the work done on the four standing committees of Audit; Governance; Investment; and Budget, Buildings and Grounds, the trustees worked with campus leaders on strategic projects. As a reminder, this year’s strategic project teams are Campaign Planning; Library Renovation; Campus Master Plan/Communication Plan; and Environmental Stewardship and Innovation.
The board heard presentations on campus safety, our newly-revised Half Block, and faculty-student research collaboration and enjoyed dinner with members of the Faculty Executive Committee. Thanks to all who helped make the board meeting a success.