Get to Know: The Class of 2014
Nearly 5,000 students applied to Colorado College this year. The Class of 2014 brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and talent to the campus. The incoming class features:
- Students who speak 21 different languages, including Persian, Telugu, and Greek.
- 46 editors of student publications.
- An internationally recognized Irish step dancer.
- Eight nationally ranked competitors, including a three-time national champion in alpine skiing, a national gold jump rope medalist, and an equestrian gold medalist.
- Two members who coached Special Olympic athletes.
- 18 members who have finished screenplays, 13 of which were converted into shows.
- A student who earned more than $40,000 from a self-started ultimate Frisbee T-shirt company.
- A two-time grand prize winner in a national gingerbread competition.
- 42 founders of campus organizations, including book clubs, newspapers, animal rights associations, and breakfast clubs.
- An ultra-distance runner who finished the Leadville Trail 100, a 100-mile course in the Rocky Mountains with its lowest elevation falling just above 9,000 feet.
- A variety of leaders, including 17 student government presidents, 24 service organization leaders, and 75 heads of school groups, ranging from Quidditch Club to philosophy societies to ski and snowboard groups.