Colorado College’s 2013 authors’ reception honored a record-breaking 107 participants this year. Many of the participants, which included both faculty and staff, were on hand for a photo, taken during the reception on Monday, March 25 in the Learning Commons of Tutt Library.
The biennial event featured remarks by Dean Sandra Wong, who noted that works often go through many edits and revisions before publication, and that it is appropriate to take time and celebrate the finished product.
Event organizer Jessy Randall, curator and archivist for Colorado College Special Collections, said published works of all varieties were included: books, articles, audio recordings, films, sheet music, and encyclopedia entries. The publications were displayed throughout the Learning Commons during the reception. films, sheet music, and encyclopedia entries. The publications were displayed throughout the Learning Commons during the reception.
College records show that the first reception was held in 1996 and was an annual event until 1999; however, there were no receptions for the next three years. Randall, who was hired in May of 2001, held the first authors’ reception in the spring of 2003, and they have been held biennially since then. The next authors’ reception is scheduled for 2015.
This year’s list of Colorado College published authors includes, in alphabetical order:
- Richard Agee, Megan Anderson, Daniel Arroyo-Rodriguez, Susan Ashley
- Ryan Raul Bañagale, Ofer Ben-Amots, Diane Benninghoff ,Tamara Bentley, Ralph Bertrand, Salvatore Bizzarro, Noel Black, Peter Blasenheim, Nathan Bower, David Brown, Andrea Bruder
- Aaron Cohick, Tracy Coleman, Jessica Giles Copeland, Tom Cronin
- Marcia Dobson, Amy Dounay
- James Ebersole, Kristi Erdal, Joan Ericson, Re Evitt
- Aju Fenn, Timothy Fuller, Rick Anthony Furtak
- Ivan Gaetz, Claire Garcia, Idris Goodwin, John Gould, Eve Grace, Susan Grace, Emilie Gray, Neena Grover
- Clay Haskell, Sarah Hautzinger, Steven Hayward, M. Shane Heschel, Jane Hilberry, Marion Hourdequin, Jessica Hunter-Larsen, Anne Hyde
- Bob Jacobs, Calla Jacobson, Daniel Johnson
- Phillip Kannan, Vibha Kapuria-Foreman
- Tass Kelso, Ruth Kolarik, Miroslav Kummel
- Steve Lawson, Jonathan Lee, Robert Lee, Eric Leonard, Victoria Levine, Daryl Lindsay-Alder, Brian Linkhart, Robert Loevy, Clara Lomas, Genevieve Love, Phoebe Lostroh, Kristina Lybecker
- Andreea Marinescu, David Mason, Corina McKendry, Sarah Milteer, Gail Murphy-Geiss, Paul Myrow
- Dylan Nelson, Jeremy Nelson, Jeffrey B. Noblett
- Michael O’Riley
- Jim Parco, Eric Perramond
- Jessy Randall, Kevin Rask, Esther Redmount, Jared Richman, Andrea Righi, John Riker, Tomi-Ann Roberts, Wade Roberts, Carrie Ruiz
- Tracy Santa, Corinne Scheiner, Sarah Schwarz, Stephen Scott, Dennis Showalter, Christine Siddoway, John Simons, Rashna Singh, Mark Smith, Randy Stiles, Larry Stimpert
- Mike Taber, Sanjaya Thakur, Jill Tiefenthaler, Fred Tinsley, Rebecca Tucker
- Amanda Udis-Kessler
- Matthew Whitehead, Barbara Whitten, Armin Wishard, Sarah Withee, Peter Wright
- An author’s reception was held March 28 in the Tutt Library atrium to honor Colorado College faculty and staff who published books, articles, and other works since March 2009. The biennial event, co-sponsored by Tutt Library and the Dean’s Office for the past decade, honored a record-breaking 84 authors this year. Academic books and articles, works of fiction and poetry, entries in reference works, journal articles, music compositions, films, and other publications were on display.